There are many types of massages. We have relaxation massage, sports massage, and remedial massage among others. Each type of massage has its own purpose and uses. For instance, remedial massage is specifically done to treat various pains and injuries. Remedial massage is not just a massage but it is a treatment that is designed to target a patient’s specific need. Remedial massage uses a clinical approach to treating damaged muscles, ligaments, tendons and connective tissues to alleviate pain, injury, and assists in rehabilitation.
With so many different types of massages available, how would you know that you need a remedial massage? Here are some indicators that you need a remedial massage:
- You are experiencing chronic pain in a particular part of your body. It could be a dull ache, a shooting pain, a sudden sharp pain or headaches.
- If are suffering from a muscle injury.
- You feel intense shooting pain when stretching.
- You feel a tingling of nerves when tight muscles are put under pressure.
- If you are spending several hours a day in one position such as sitting in front of a computer for a long period of time or with legs crossed. This can cause postural abnormalities.
Many Claremont massage centers offer remedial massage. A licensed massage therapist has many techniques in his/her arsenal in which he/she can use to a particular client. The most commonly used techniques in remedial massage Claremont are the following:
- Trigger point therapy: It helps release pain in the skeletal muscles.
- Ischaemic Compression: It stimulates healthy circulation of blood as well as the lymph.
- Cross Fibre Friction: It helps increase the healing period by decreasing the adhesions to fibrous tissues.
- Myofascial Release: This technique specializes in healing muscular tightness and shortness.
Is remedial massage painful?
Yes. Remedial massage can be painful. Depending on the type of your illness or your injury, the pain that you will experience would vary. A technique such as like trigger point therapy can be uncomfortable because it requires deeper muscles intervention. However, it would not be too painful that would bring you to tears. All of the technique used in remedial massage produces tolerable pain which will make you feel better when the pain subsides.